Data Protection & Information Security Consultants
We are currently looking for new individuals to join the Gemserv Information Security Practice to work at the heart of multiple industry sectors and with clients in preparation for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as and wider Information & Cyber Security challenges. The Practice is expanding as we secure new clients and as such we need new passionate individuals who are interested in developing their own personal knowledge and skills to join us on our growth path.
We are looking for individuals who either have experience in GDPR compliance or a passion to develop their skills in this space as a Consultant, starting from a strong information security compliance background.
£35,000 - £50,000
Some UK travel
- Experience of information security compliance (PCI DSS / ISO27001 / ISMS) and how it fits with data protection;
- Knowledge of Privacy and Data Protection legislation and a good working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR);
- Practical application of information security and/or data protection compliance within large and complex organisations;
- Lead on numerous assignments supporting and advising clients on information security/data protection compliance;
- Communicate and engage with multiple stakeholders (all the way to senior level) on data protection and information security compliance; and
- Manage multiple client projects and ensure service is delivered to Gemserv's values and approach.
Experience and Knowledge
- Technical knowledge of information security compliance (ISO27001, PCI DSS, ISMS, Cyber Essentials), data processing and IT security arrangements;
- Strong understanding of UK DP law and upcoming EU GDPR regulation changes; and
- Experience of business transformation and change.
Skills and Qualities
- Passion to develop own skills and knowledge in information security and data protection compliance;
- Proactive, 'hands on' starter finisher, high achiever, high responsibility, results driven individual;
- Highly organised and able to manage and prioritise workload;
- Strong problem solver with high attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with managers across different disciplines;Client facing and personable;
- Able to conceptualise opportunities and develop these through business development activities;
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; and
- Able to undertake occasional business travel.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
Gemserv realises its success depends on its people and we work hard to recruit and retain the right people.
We pride ourselves on our social, inclusive, open and supportive culture. Our values (insight, collaboration, and impact) are seen every day in how we collaborate and work with each other and our clients.
Our people are integral in supporting the delivery of our successfully established, new or challenging projects and assignments. In return for their hard work and dedication, we reward them with the opportunity to establish an accelerated career, ongoing development opportunities, work life balance, and a wide range of benefits.
Gemserv is a specialist market design, governance and assurance services provider that operates at the heart of the UK's Smart Energy, environment, water and information security sectors. Our aim is to help shape the future of these complex markets for everyone's benefit and provide evidence based, impartial advice to our clients. We deliver high quality end to end services, from policy development and initial governance frameworks, through to solution design, build and maintenance, as well as accreditation and assurance schemes and secretariat provision.
We encourage applicants who wish to explore flexibility in working hours and location. If you would like to explore this further, then please state any potential preferences at the end of the cover letter.