|Location: West Yorkshire, England||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Package|
|Sector: IT||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: John Stead|
Software Design Engineer - West Yorkshire based - Excellent salary + benefits on offer
My West Yorkshire based client is currently looking to recruit a Software Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
In this role you will be creating robust and innovative embedded software in C# and C++.
Working collaboratively with a team that includes mechanical design engineers, electrical design engineers and other software engineers you will be working on projects that deliver the software to truly market leading products for the textile and clothing manufacturing sector.
You'll also be responsible for the following;
- Experience with C/C++ (Ideally with embedded systems), C#, ASP.NET, Visual-Studio
- Experience with STM32 or electronic system design a distinct advantage
- Responsible for the development of efficient software solutions, from the initial concept, top-level design right through to test and production of new software.
- Create storyboards and flow diagrams appropriate to the product
- Has an interest in making software which is simple and intuitive to use
- Development of a new Touchscreen embedded system (C, C++, GCC)
- Maintain and grow our current range of C# WPF desktop applications
- Produce the necessary production files for manufacture of new designs and design changes
- Contribute to the formulation and upkeep of the NPD
- Attend the PDC meetings when required by the Lead Software Engineer and contribute to the agenda item
- Complete design changes in a timely manner when delegated by the Lead Software Engineer
- Seek out advice from Service & Calibration, Technical, Production, Fitting and Sales when producing new designs and design changes
- Give support to assembly department and external manufacturers when required
- Give technical support to Service & Calibration when required and to other areas of the business
- Contribute and be an active member of the Project Teams
- In order to prevent harm to themselves and others, all employees will be responsible and accountable for working within Health & Safety legislation, instructions, procedures and practices as defined by the Company
- To ensure that they are aware of and comply with the QA policy and procedures
In return for these skills you will receive an excellent salary and benefits including 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, matched pension contributions and early finishes on Friday.
If this is of interest to you click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to email@example.com - Thanks.