Shipping/Imports Manager, Permanent position, upto £39,000 dependent on experience
Fantastic opportunity to join a company who have been established for over 150 years and are a world leader in the design and manufacture of pumps, valves, cyclones, vibrating screen machines, crushers and other associated equipment for the mining and minerals processing industries.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Continuing their goal to develop an outstanding Supply Chain, they are looking for a candidate to join their Shipping team. The ideal candidate for this role will act as a link between the Shipping team, of four, and the rest of the Supply Chain and wider business, to ensure the support and delivery of their World Class products.
The post holder will develop strong relationships within the end to end supply chain, to achieve the targets and budgets set by the company. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining, planning and developing shipping strategies to ensure we meet customer and customs requirements in line with company guideline.
- Directly manage a team of 4 responsible for exports globally
- Directly manage a team responsible for imports globally
- Review production plan and develop and weekly/ monthly despatch activity plan and management of activities and resource required achieving this plan.
- Ensure correct documentation is used in line with customs and customer requirements
- Ensure value for money on logistics costs, ocean, air , road and rail and identify opportunities for savings and improvements
- Ensure full compliance and that both company and HMRC requirements are met and records maintained in line with policy.
- Anticipate, research and report on future changes in import/ export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the departments own strategy, resources and procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Graduate member of the Institute of Export or equivalent
- At least 5 years in a senior shipping role.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Freight Forwarders and logistics providers to ensure service and costs are maintained
- INCOTERMS and commercial trading expertise
- Harmonised tariff system knowledge
- Shipments under LC
- Excellent document control and administration skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience using Excel
- Excellent knowledge and experience using SAP and EWM
- Experienced working within a fast moving business environment
- Experience with major projects/ contracts in relation to transportation
If you would like further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your CV to email@example.com