Senior Estimator - Modular Buildings
Employment Solutions are recruiting for a Senior Estimator on behalf of one of our clients to cover the Yorkshire area. To be successful you will have main contractor experience and modular building experience.
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Estimating Manager, to ensure that incoming enquiries into the business for both Sale and Rental opportunities are dealt with in a professional, timely manner, are accurate in order to maximize the best margin or return possible for the business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
- Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with our client's needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
- Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
- Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI's in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
- Produce specification (Word) and presentational information to compliment the drawing and estimate.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Purchasing, Development, Electrical over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
- Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost effective running of enquiries.
- Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
Comprehensive salary package including 25day' holiday (plus next year there is the option to purchase an additional 5 days' holiday) car allowance, pension, life insurance plus flexible benefits package inc; gym membership discount, and shopping vouchers.
Job experience & skills requirements:
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
- Capable of meeting deadlines
- High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Good team player
Recognised building qualification ONC, HNC or degree would be an advantage