Senior Engineering Buyer
Employment Solutions are excited to be working with one of the UK's leading companies who provide complete turn-key solutions specialising in Innovative Pressure Testing Equipment for major industries across the globe including the Oil and Gas, Subsea, Material Science, Chemical and Petrochemical sectors. Based in Lancashire our client
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Engineering Buyer responsible for key operational aspects of supply chain procurement.
You will be responsible for the sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company's operational requirements, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- To develop and maintain supply chain relations
- To manage the procurement of project BOM relating requirements
- To manage project relating quality control and supporting documentation
- To control supplier non-conformance and relevant associate cost, whilst minimising project downtime and delays
- Working to production schedules and targets, to ensure achievement of project deadlines
- Attend regular production meetings, providing up to date and accurate information
- Produce monthly reports for directors to support monthly management accounts
- To manage, measure and report on KPIs for procurement department
- To support and facilitate procurement activities to company Assistant Buyer
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong IT skills
- ERP/MRP conversant
- Extensive experience of working as a buyer within an engineering / manufacturing environment both in national and international markets - minimum 5 years.
- Proven experience in procurement
- Lean Manufacturing processes and procedures - six sigma
- CIPS qualified level 4 minimum or similar qualification (desirable)
- Relevant engineering qualifications (desirable)