|Location: Chorley, Lancashire||Salary: £48000.00 - £51000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Energy/Gas||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Dorey|
Are you looking for a new role with a thriving renewable energy firm?
A role where you can combine your Mechanical Design and Management experience?
Do you want to be involved a company that covers the full project lifecycle from Concept through to Commissioning?
Based in Chorley, our client are looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer for a permanent role within the Nuclear Industry. The role with be to lead multi-discipline design teams to produce the designs for plant and equipment. These designs will cover the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Produce or manage the production of design concepts / layouts.
- Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability, and safety issues.
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place.
- Check drawing details
- Undertake design studies and produce reports on outcome while making recommendations.
- Support the Business Creation process, being the technical lead within bid teams
If this is of use, please get in touch with Mark Dorey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07909 906 061