Payroll and Administration Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and capable payroll and admin assistant who can work across the 2 divisions of the ESL Group, providing support to both the agency payroll function and construction back-office function.
Since 2001 Employment Solutions has been dedicated to delivering high-quality recruitment services. We have nurtured relationships with some of the biggest Engineering and Manufacturing businesses in the Northwest. Relationships that have lasted because the companies like how we work, love how we have helped them grow and, the results we have delivered.
Our structural steel subcontract division ES Steel has partnered with some of the UK's largest steel fabricators in the UK, installing steel structures on some of the most highly regulated sites in the country, from nuclear power plants, nuclear defence sites, and waste to energy power plants.
We currently process weekly payrolls for circa 200 contractors and are currently in the middle of an exciting accounts and payroll systems upgrade project that will modernise the department and help us to ensure we are at the forefront of best practice within our industries.
- Processing weekly payroll from timesheets received.
- Dealing with queries from contractors at various clients/sites around the UK.
- Importing and electronically submitting weekly invoices/payslips etc. generated by the pay & bill system (Enterprise).
- Managing & booking training for contractors, such as Health & Safety, CSCS etc.
- Raising purchase orders from initial project costing document and any variations that occur throughout the project
- Maintain the CRM system (Bullhorn)
- Co-ordinate administrative processes, ensuring that these are delivered accurately, on time and in line with defined procedures including ISO standards
- Off-hiring Plant & Equipment once this is no longer needed on site, or re-hiring if necessary
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Working Hours & Remuneration
08:30 - 17:30 with 1 hour lunch break Mon - Thu
08:30 - 16:30 with 1 hour lunch break Fri
Salary up to £25k depending upon experience
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An upbeat and enthusiastic character with a 'can do' attitude, resilient when faced with challenging situations.
- A conscientious individual with an eye for detail.
- Solutions focussed
- A capable and dependable individual who will ensure all our contractors and internal staff are paid accurately and on time, every time.
- Experience of payroll and customer service within an office environment is an advantage, as is experience within the construction industry but systems training will be given.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages (intermediate level Excel)
- Process driven, strong organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible for the needs of the business
Why choose Employment Solutions?
- 28 days contractual holidays per year plus bank holidays
- An extra day's holiday on us to celebrate your birthday
- Private health insurance, plus the option to add family at discounted rates
- Company pension contribution and 4 x salary death in service insurance
- Quarterly nights out for everyone hitting their targets
- Annual team-building weekend
- AGM team night out
- Regular after work drinks events
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking dynamic business as we start the next phase of business growth. To apply please send your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com