|Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester||Salary: Up to £28000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Dorey|
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a globally renowned manufacturer of bespoke, engineered door sets. Supplying to the nuclear, energy, aviation, offshore, and defence sectors, they have built a fantastic industry reputation.
About the role.
The successful Mechanical design engineer will carry out all aspects of mechanical design for the production of customer General Arrangement drawings, and Design for Manufacture (DfM) output, including Assembly Drawings, Fabrication Drawings/ Output, Bill of Materials (BOM's) and As-Built drawings, following company procedure and/ or customer specification.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure all designs consider on-site or sub-contracted manufacturing capabilities.
- Source any bought-in items from existing approved suppliers where applicable.
- Full consideration of product performance requirements before commencement of works (i.e. fire, thermal, acoustics, security, blast etc.)
- Complete adherence to Booth Industries Engineering procedures following our ISO 9001 certification.
- Design using iLogic templates for Booth Industries Standard and Standard-Bespoke products.
- Liaise with the Team Leader(s) or project Technical Leads to identify the base model from the Vault.
- 3D Modelling of bespoke products in Autodesk Inventor
- Production of 2D General Arrangement drawings from 3D Models to company standard, for customer approval.
- Production of detailed drawings for Assembly, fabrication, and as-builts.
- Produce BOMs for issue to production or implementation into MRP.
The ideal person for this role will have several years of experience in an industrial sheet metal or fabrication role and hold a relevant HND or degree. You will also have :
- Experience managing engineers on projects valued up to £500K
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor 3D, 2D AutoCAD and AutoDesk Vault.
- Knowledge of Ansys FEA software
- The ability to program templates using iLogic/ Visual Basic is desirable.
- Be able to produce hand and software-based calculations.
- An understanding of steel plate manufacture
What's in it for you?
The successful person will be paid an annual salary between £28,000 and £34,000 per year and a host of other company benefits.
What to do now?
To apply for this position, please send us an up-to-date CV by hitting apply now, and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.