Starting your career can be perilous. You've started your role and you've stuck it out because… well that's what your supposed to do isn't it?
2 years in and you're still not sure if it's the company for you. No progression, and certainly none imminent, and no mentor to speak of.
If this sounds familiar, it doesn't have to be this way.
We're currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with strong 3D design experience to join a firm growing in size and looking for support in their department. Based in Preston, they're a specialist in bespoke machinery. Inventor software, hydraulic systems and stress calculations would be nice to have, but you'll initially be there to support the design team, with a view to growth and training in the business.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Design of steel fabrications and special purpose machinery
- Producing concept designs for the sales department and manufacturing drawings for production
- Development of existing products
- Provide technical support to sales, service and production departments
- Conducting site surveys
- Producing build cost estimates for new equipment
- Liaising with suppliers to procure specialist equipment
- Liaising with customers to formulate machine specifications
So if you've been stuck in a rut for too long, what are you waiting for? Take the plunge today and get in touch with Mark on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 416 6296.