£29,000 - £32,000 plus Bonus
New Year, New You?
A leading Aerospace Manufacturer established and supplier for the production of gearing systems and specialist gearboxes. Trading since 1886 the company have long been associated with the supply of precision gears to companies globally.
Due to expansion they are now seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join the current team.
- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of equipment
- To ensure that whenever possible all work is completed at first response ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair.
- To ensure that you always have available the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To hold and maintain the required level of specialist components, fixtures, fittings or spare parts
- To attend various training courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Be willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Ensure that all relevant company documentation is fully completed and returned to the appropriate Line Manager as required on time.
- Ensure that you comply with all Company and Statutory regulations regarding Health and Safety.
- Plan scheduled maintenance and create relevant procedures
Qualifications and training required:
- Experience of working as a maintenance engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC machinery, Lathes, Milling/Turning
- Competent in electrical maintenance and PAT testing
- Higher national diploma (HND) or an advanced or higher apprenticeship in manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Team working skills