|Location: Cheshire, England||Salary: £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + pension|
|Sector: IT||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Chris Taylor|
Our client works in an agile way in that work is clearly prioritised and delivered in small chunks, we are working to make the chunks smaller and the delivery more frequent. It's not perfect but we continuously improving the way that we work.
The current applications are monolithic so as they are split up, they will be looking at new technologies as they go. Newer persistence options such as MongoDB, and CockroachDB for SQL are all on the radar. They are also currently reworking their search and discovery to use ElasticSearch.
Our client is a mid-sized company based in South Manchester with their own development team creating applications for both customers and internal use. They see technology as a key differentiator in the marketplace and central to the growth of our business.
Over the next 12 months our client will:
- Re-platform their core product from Rhino to Node.js
- Improved development practices and processes
- Integrate with multiple partners
- Introduce multiple new technologies
Skills you will need?
To be a key contributor you will need to:
- Be able to rapidly learn new domains and understand complex business processes
- Understand how to work at an abstract architectural and concrete implementation level
- Have experience of designing API's, including RESTful API's