|Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester||Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Sector: IT||Type: Contract|
|Contact: John Stead|
IT Support Technician - Stockport - 3 month initial contract with a view to going permanent
My Stockport based engineering client is currently looking to recruit an IT Support Technician on an initial 3 month contract with a view to the role going permanent.
The aim of this role is to provide support to the IT Manager to manage and maintain the current IT and communication network system and to integrate and implement new systems as appropriate to keep the Company up to date in terms of technological advancements
As well as working directly with the IT Manager you will regularly liaise with Directors, Departmental Managers and Supervisors.
Main tasks of job:
- To offer support and respond to basic 1st line IT problems.
- Responsible for handling desk moves.
- Administering the Phone system.
- Installing and maintaining data security encryption systems.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of all hardware and software and reporting compliance to software licensees as appropriate
Key responsibilities are:
- To assist with IT related problems, including Networking; Device Configuration; and Software Installation;
- Laptop and PC installation, maintenance and configuration;
- License Monitoring and Recording;
- Backup of server and control of back up files;
- Upkeep of relevant documents and system data.
- Supporting the IT Manager with any IT and System related problems.
- Basic PC maintenance
- General administration including software and hardware relating to servers and networks.
- To perform data backup procedures on a regular basis.
- To assist in the maintenance, monitoring and preparation of a Disaster Recovery Plan for key systems.
- To comply at all times with the Company's Environmental, Health and Safety Policy.
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to email@example.com - Thanks.