Field Based Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Up to £32,000 (£15.00 per hour)
Are you an experienced field based Electrical Maintenance Engineer looking for your next career move?
I am currently looking for experienced, skilled candidates who are looking to progress their career, working for a large and leading engineering business in the North West.
About the company:
With over 70 years of combined experience, this company specialises in the sale, supply, installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of pumps, pumping stations, sewage treatment facilities, water features and pressurisation systems for numerous customers including local authorities, and development and facility management companies throughout the UK. They also offer a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering services covering project design, installation and commissioning through to ongoing pumping station maintenance and repair.
- Provide planned preventative maintenance (PPM) services on electrical, instrumentation (and mechanical, where appropriate) equipment and controls.
- Carry out fault finding to identify and repair electrical (and mechanical, where appropriate) equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Remove and or/install electrical (and mechanical, where appropriate) equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Help in identifying the root causes of breakdowns and failures, suggest remedial work to improve the installation and prevent reoccurrence.
- Provide out of hours emergency cover 24/7 on a rotational basis.
- Assist in producing maintenance schedules for electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Carry out all work within the agreed budgetary and time limits.
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations or equivalent qualification an advantage
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/2395 Inspection & Testing or equivalent qualification an advantage
- An appropriate apprenticeship or training.
- Wide experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial plant, equipment and controls.
- Possess a current driving licence
- An ability to work as part of a team or alone
- Able to meet the physical, mental and emotional challenges of the role (which may be determined by an occupational health check)
If this is of interest and you would like to discuss this role further then please contact Gary on 0161 839 5353.