Business Technology Director urgently required by my leading innovative client. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting the team in building the profile and reputation of the Firm in the field of addressing the challenges that businesses face in driving profitable growth in today's challenging market conditions.
They will be responsible for successfully delivering major projects in such areas as: Strategic IT planning; Executive IT Advisory and Interim Management; Target Operating Model Design; IT Transformation; Complex Programme Delivery; Mergers and Acquisitions; Digital, Cyber Security, and IT Sourcing.
The Director will be experienced in identifying and addressing business critical issues. They will reflect the operational distinctiveness that is the client; a business savvy, outcome-focused business entrepreneur, who is driven to making an impact, determined to make a difference and not afraid to challenge the status-quo.
Specifically, the Director, Business Technology will be responsible for:
- Leading engagements with clients - leading small client teams and quickly becoming accepted as part of the fabric of the client's management team in order to deliver exceptional quality of execution
- In some instances, utilising their network of contacts to generate leads and opportunities for the practice and the wider A&M firm.
- Supporting the delivery of the Business Technology practice business plan to generate annual fees and sustained repeat business.
They will have a well-developed track record and practical experience in solution architecture - they will possess a strong understanding of business problems and opportunities and be able to define and architect IT solutions to those problems. They will also be highly experienced in IT transformation, IT strategy development and design and in solving business issues by utilising technology in a fast-growing start-up or a division of a blue-chip company.
The appointee will have experience from one or more of the following:
- As Senior Operator (CIO/VP/Director) in large multi-national corporation.
- Advisory experience, either from a top-tier strategy firm, a leading specialist and/or niche advisory firm.
- The 'Big 4' consultancy.
Specifically, the successful appointee will demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- Strong recent experience in Strategic IT Planning, Target Operating Model Design and IT Transformational programmes.
- Ability to conduct an initial rapid diagnostic into a client's immediate and future IT issues, commercially advise clients to realise the potential of technology, manage risks, and enable the best use of data.
- Demonstrable experience in disciplines including; Technology Leadership and Strategic Cost Reduction.
- Develop and implement commercial and cost-effective solutions across IT Supplier Performance Management, Global IT Sourcing and Business Process Outsourcing.
- Leading and overseeing the delivery of client work, identifying and pursuing market opportunities if- and when appropriate, contributing to team recruitment activity.
- Clear ability to deliver the latest thinking within a highly competitive advisory marketplace.
- A strong academic record ideally including an MBA
- Fluency in one or more European languages, in addition to English, is highly desirable.
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions.
- Passionate about affecting real change.
- Reads people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Confident and impactful presenter.
- Objective, fact-based approach to problem-solving.
- A hands-on and non-hierarchical operator who is equally effective in managing up and down and relates well to all levels and cultures.
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight builds confidence and leads by example.
- The ability to manage a multiple stakeholder environments within a privately-owned business.
This is a company that really look after their people, where you can have a proper career and the financial package is probably the best I have ever seen.