Control and Instrumentation Engineer - Staffordshire based - Permanent with an excellent salary & benefits package!
My Staffordshire based client provide complete solutions for water treatment. They pride themselves on innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, and their differentiating water treatment processes enable them to offer solutions suited to every application.
The company has operations all around the world and provides tailored solutions to meet the needs of municipal and industrial customers in three complementary segments: water management, waste management and energy management.
Where will I be working?
The position is based at our site in Staffordshire.
What will I be doing?
The Standard Solutions Platform (SSP) produces and customises water treatment units for all of the business units of Water Solution and Technology.
The SSP technical department maintains and develops its catalogue of units and products. From the design to the after-sale, engineers are involved in every step of the projects.
Responsibilities will include;
Area 1 - Standard Products development
Design and Development Stage (on C&I aspects)
- Prioritise technical evolution and marketing needs
- Design and develop the required improvements or new product ranges
- Write automation documents including source code
- Keep the electrical and C&I Bill of Materials up-to-date
- Liaise with the suppliers and the sub-contractors to keep reliable and cost effective products
- Research new technologies
Design and Production Stage
For all of the existing products, the main tasks are:
- To ensure the electrical and manufacturing drawings are up-to- date
- To ensure the units comply with the latest relevant Standards and Health and Safety Standards
- To improve the functionality and the efficiency of the system
- Research new technologies to upgrade the existing products
Area 2 - Specific Products, modified standards or tailor made
The main tasks are:
- Price the development of the control and instrumentation for the contract
- Issue accurate Bill of Material of the instrumentation for the contract
Designing and Production Stage
The C&I engineer creates and/or updates:
- The PLC software and HMI layout, by using simple, reliable and user-friendly solutions
- The electrical and manufacturing drawings, to ensure a smooth and quick production
- Perform automation modification and assist when needed on FAT
- The Documentation related to the product (manual users, design specifications)
- All of this work must be done within the time scale, and according to the client specifications.
Area 3 - Technical Support
Provide a technical support, on all the SSP products to:
- All the business units throughout the world
- All the Manufacturing Units of SSP
Do I have what it takes?
- An educational background in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in control and instrumentation packages: Simatic Manager, WinCCFlexible, TIA Portal, RSLogix5000 and Codesys language would be desirable.
- Proficient in Autocad.
- Programming Languages: Structured Text.
- Knowledge in Microcontrollers programming.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be an effective member of a small project team.
- A high degree of flexibility is required to ensure project targets are met.
- A logical approach to problem solving
- An ability to document work accurately to meet the requirements of the quality procedures.
- Security and confidentiality is a vital part of development work and the position is subject to the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.