|Location: Stockport, Greater Manchester||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Worsh|
CNC Turner/Programmer, Permanent position, Basic is dependent on experience.
Day shift - Monday to Thursday 07:30hrs - 16:30hrs, Friday 07:30hrs - 12:30hrs.
CNC TURNER SETTER/PROGRAMMER
The primary objective of this role will be to effectively program, set and operate the CNC machine in order to produce orders on time and to the required high-quality standards. Other duties for the role will include but are not limited to:
- Generate NC programs using Mazatrol and other programming languages i.e. Siemens and Fanuc.
- Safely setting and operating a range of machine tools and ancillary equipment necessary to carry out the machine skills of CNC machining, turning, tapping, boring and grinding.
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Using measuring instruments in metric units and/or imperial units necessary for the production of work pieces to the standards outlined by engineering drawings.
- Selecting and using the correct cutting tools, feeds, speeds, coolants and lubricants appropriate to the type of operation, material to be cut and surface texture requirements.
- Routine care and cleaning of machines and ancillary equipment.
- Recognising machining and material defects, appreciating causes, applying remedies and preventative action.
- All work should be inspected for surface finish, dimensional accuracy and checked for the overall quality of the finished component.
- To work in a safe and productive manner as outlined in the company safety policy. Particular attention to safety should be paid to operating machine tool equipment.
- To maintain a clean and tidy place of work. Particular attention to the storage of chemical and other dangerous substances. Undertaking machine coolant change as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience with Programming setting and operating Mazak CNC lathes.
- Be conversant with Mazak (Mazatrol) controls.
- Be able to read and interpret drawings and tolerances.
- Be able to use a wide range of different measuring devices and inspection techniques.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Familiar with Aerospace AS9100D requirements in relation to CNC turner's role.
Understanding and maintaining 5S
Competitive rates of pay
33 days holiday (incl. statutory holidays)
Employee Wellness Programme
For further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your upto date CV to email@example.com