|Salary: £27.45 - £41.17 per hour + overtime + pension +
|Contact: Dean Carthy
We have an exciting contract role for a Welding & NDT Inspector working within the Nuclear Industry.
Based in Flintshire this fantastic opportunity involves overseeing welding and fabrication activities, ensuring quality, safety and compliance with regulations.
This includes inspecting welds for strength and quality, verifying equipment usage, and guaranteeing adherence to safety protocols.
This role suits individuals with meticulous attention to detail, adept at assessing welding standards, and ensuring adherence to safety regulations. Strong communication skills and a comprehensive grasp of modern welding procedures are essential.
- The Welding / NDT Inspector is responsible for overseeing the quality and safety of the companies welding and fabrication activities, including dimensional inspection.
- Be responsible for inspecting and assessing the strength and quality of welds, ensuring the correct equipment is being used, checking weld specifications and ensuring all safety regulations are being adhered to.
- Conduct random inspections at sub-contractor sites to ensure adherence to set specifications.
- Perform thorough inspections of incoming materials to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship across all contract phases.
- Document and produce reports on supplier visits and in-house inspections.
Skills and qualifications:
- Essential - CSWIP 3.1 minimum, Advanced knowledge of modern welding procedures and excellent communication skills with a good eye for detail is essential.
- Desirable - PCN Level 2 MPI, PCN Level 2 UT and PCN Level 2 Radiographic Interpretation.
Pay rate / Benefits:
- Contract pay rate is £27.45 per hour (PAYE).
- Overtime over 37.5 hours paid at time and half. Double time Sundays.
- Holiday pay
- Pension contribution
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role
Click apply or contact Dean Carthy at Employment Solutions for further information