|Location: Blackburn||Salary: Up to £34000 per annum + +Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Samantha Worsh|
Toolmaker, Permanent position, Salary is £34,000, working standard days,
Working hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-4:30pm, Fri 8am-1:30pm
This is a great opportunity to work for a Company who specialise in manufacturing equipment for the Marine Industry.
Purpose of the role is to provide engineering support in the manufacturing and maintenance of required machine and mould tools to enable the production of components to their quality standards.
Main responsibilites are to maintain and promote safe working practices and environment to achieve a "Safety First" culture, demonstrate adherence to company rules, policies and values, manufacture and refurbishment of requried tools to support the production plan. In partnership with the manufacturing and maintenance teams, manage pro-active preventative maintenance schedules to ensure production availability targets are met. Actively supporting and implementing lean process improvement within the job role, and identify hazards and propose solutions to the management team for redress.
Candidates will need to have the following:
- Apprenticeship or relevant qualification in engineering, with experience of working in a fast-paced engineering/manufacturing organisation
- Established experience in a toolmaker role, with mould tool and machine tool experience - CNC experience is essential.
- Knowledge of relevant CAD/CAM Software Packages (e.g Machining Strategist & Cimatron)
- Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team
A good understanding of Lean manufacturing / 6s methodology would be desirable
33 days holiday (inc BH + Christmas Shutdown)
Private medical care (BUPA)
Sick pay scheme
Staff recognition schemes (inc long service awards)
If you would like further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 416 6366, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org