|Location: Bury||Salary: £28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Internal||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Dorey|
We have an exciting position to work with a Group of businesses established in their field, to turbo charge their month end processes and enhance their MI output!
The Group boasts a business with a fantastic track record across the UK's Steel Installation industry, and one of the North-West's leading Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment businesses. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Management Accountant, reporting into our Financial Controller to help develop and improve the month-end process, ensuring that the business has accurate and timely management information which leads to positive decision-making.
The role will also have the support and guidance of a Portfolio Finance Director who will be able to aid any developmental needs to help enhance and progress your career.
Since 2001 Employment Solutions has been dedicated to delivering high-quality recruitment services to clients engaged in the Engineering, and Manufacturing sectors. Driven by a core set of values our USP has been the belief that providing a quality recruitment process to our clients and always doing the right thing for our candidates is the best way to build trust and longevity.
ES Steel are a Steel Installation business based in Bury in the North-West of England. We pride ourselves on all aspects of our Steel Installation and Project Management, no matter what the size of the project, communicating every aspect of the work at every stage of the process.
Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts for 2 trading companies & consolidated group accounts for review by the Financial Controller to include:
- Fixed asset register management, calculation and posting of depreciation and amortisation charges.
- Calculating and posting accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Variance analysis and commentary for monthly board packs
- Head office overhead cost splits across the 2 trading companies
- Annual Budget & quarterly Forecast preparation for review by the Financial Controller
- Completion and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Production of flash reporting figures for both Employment Solutions and ES Steel
- Cash flow forecasting, including assisting with new tender cash flow forecasting for construction contracts.
- Liaison with company auditors during on site audit visit and subsequent requests for information
- Assisting with the implementation of a replacement Pay & Bill system for payroll/invoicing function.
- Reporting improvement within the group's Sage 200 & Construct systems
- Continuous improvement of all financial reporting, internal controls etc.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- ACCA/CIMA studier
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage workloads effectively.
- A high level of IT literacy
- Must have previous experience producing management accounts to final review level.
Why choose Employment Solutions?
- Each of us act like owners of this growing business.
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be.
- Study support, mentorship and guidance will be provided to help you on your career journey.
Everyone needs downtime so…
- As standard: 28 days' contractual holiday per year
- Plus: Bank Holidays
- A little extra: Happy Birthday - have an extra day's holiday on us to celebrate your birthday.
Live your life…
- You matter: Private health insurance, plus the option to add family at discounted rates.
- Planning for the future: company pension contribution and 4 x salary death in service insurance.
Keeping things fun…
- Quarterly nights out for everyone hitting their targets.
- Annual team-building weekend (in 2022 we went to Portugal for this!)
- AGM team night out
- Regular after work drinks events
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking dynamic business, as we start the next phase of business growth. To apply please send your most up to date CV to Mark Dorey on email@example.com