|Location: Stockport||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Manufacturing, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jacob Golding|
Do you have proven experience within Purchasing?
Have you worked with commodities such as Metals and Castings within Manufacturing?
Our client is a long-lasting Manufacturer in the Defence industry that have seen significant growth and success after being awarded an exciting new contract in recent years, which has offered strong job security and progression opportunities for everyone involved!
As a Senior Buyer within the Procurement department, you will support the development of supplier relationships in UK & Europe whilst purchasing across a range of commodities, predominantly Metals including Steel, Aluminium, Armoured Steel, Castings and more.
You will be responsible for the following:
- You will manage a portfolio of materials and suppliers.
- You will create RFQs and expedite supplier responses.
- You will negotiate with suppliers on pricing and lead times.
- You will utilise SAP and ensure timely placement of PO.
- You will manage new supplier selection through to approval, onboarding and performance management.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Buyer or similar.
- Experience with Metals commodities.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Experience with SAP highly desirable.
- Experience in the Defence industry, or similarly highly regulated Manufacturing.
Location - Stockport
Salary - c£40k - £45k (dependent on experience)
Benefits -7% Pension Contributions, 4% from candidate 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
Permanent - Full Time - 0800-1630 (Mon-Thu) 0800-1300 (Fri)
APPLY NOW! Feel free to contact Jacob on 0161 839 5353 or Jacob@emp-sol.com