|Location: Blackburn||Salary: Up to £34000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Daniel Barlow|
Panel wirer / Assembler
Overview of the company
An electrical manufacturing company based in Blackburn are currently looking to recruit a Panel Wirer/ Assembler. Due to a large work load they are looking to expand their team over the next 6 months 12-14 people. This is an excellent opportunity to join a very busy business, where training will be provided dependant on current skill levels.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Building control panels from electrical schematic drawings according to their internal quality standards. This includes point to point wire testing, following the completion of the build and the panel checklist documents.
- Document any changes or queries from the issued schematic drawings and report this to the engineering department, ensuring any corrections are made.
- Ensure quality procedures are followed and recorded.
- Maintain stock levels and liaise with suppliers of the Kanban stations to ensure enough core stock is available to build.
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation of the working area.
- Placing orders with suppliers for project -specific items and checking the stock of these (MS excel, access)
Please note they require a candidate who is comfortable in the use of excel, outlook, word and other Microsoft applications and has good IT Skills.
- £35,000 Salary with potential for overtime
- Pension in 3% and 5% will increase to 5% and 5% after 12 month service
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday (3 days to be used between Christmas and new years)
- Access to private health care via vitality after 12 months of service.
- Travel Insurance
- Flexible hours start an hour earlier finish an hour earlier or start an hour later finish an hour later to fit around your personal life.
- Working hours are 8am - 4pm
- A good electrical engineering/ wiring background
- Experience of panel wiring/ building
- Be able to read and work from schematics and general engineering drawings
- Soldering & crimping of a high standard
- Ability to work in a multi - project environment (there may be a number of panels progressing through the workshop with different build and lead times)
- Flexible with working hours - occasionally some longer days and weekends may be required
- An electrical qualification such as 18th edition of an ONC/OND/HNC/HND with an electrical/ electromechanical bias
- Ability to use MS office/ office 365 programs.
- A desire to learn to use electrical CAD and to learn electrical design as there may be progression in the future to the department.
To apply for this role please submit your most up to date as soon as possible, they are keen to get the right person board or call Daniel Barlow on 0161 839 5353