|Location: Accrington||Salary: £35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Mark Dorey|
Just a quick look on the news shows you that air travel (and the subsequent queues at the terminals!) is picking back up. Confidence in the industry is now high and the orders are starting to come through.
Our client is a specialist manufacturer of components within the Aerospace industry, working with some of the biggest names in the game, the design and manufacture of everything as fundamental as engine components to ejector seats!
They are currently looking for Manufacturing Engineers to join their expanding crew to help manage the big increase in orders they've had through. You'll have excellent background with CNC machines from 2 to 5 axis, be a technical liaison between customers, stakeholders and suppliers, and create, validate and establish the controls within the machining processes.
*Create, validate, and establish the manufacturing controls for the detailed operations within the machining processes, for aerofoils, turned features, 2Ds and other specific features &specifications
*Provide NC programs, fixtures and process instructions which deliver solutions within agreed timescales and to an agreed cost
*Interpreting and assessing technical requirements of products from 3D models, 2D engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
*Identify and eliminate, within the documented method, all potential sources of non-conformance utilising PFMEA risk mitigation, yield analysis, process surveillance, Operator training and hazard reviews
*Build in advanced quality planning principles to process and product design at all stages of industrialisation
* Ensure thorough-out the development and validation process that effective change control is maintained and that each process is developed with the highest level of attention to detail in all aspects of the process, e.g. tool specifications and controlling tool lives, mismatch geometries and locations
* Where capabilities are inadequate, conduct process development trials and technology acquisition programmes with testing in line with DoE methodologies to achieve the required level of capability
* Ensure through the cut strategy that the method of manufacture is stable, in control and capable avoiding both non-conformance and adverse metallurgical and surface conditions.
* Validate tools, tool lives, coolants, fixtures, machined surfaces, and machined coatings.
* Apply Lean Six Sigma principals and methods to achieve world class manufacturing performance
* Defining production solutions and equipment requirements, including conceptual scheme and detail design of capital equipment
* Assessing the safety and environmental impact of new equipment and processes, ensuring that all aspects of acquired process operations meet specified legal regulations
* Develop methods and processes that optimise recurring manufacturing costs in line with business case requirements
* Prove out processes and trouble shoot process development and optimisation.
* Provide all relevant production documentation to support process operations including the training and development of operations teams
* Researching new and emerging technologies in line with the company's Technology Road Map, using the Technology Readiness Level and Manufacturing Capability Readiness Level processes
* Conducting process development trials and testing in line with DoE methodologies
* Working with sub-contractors and technology partners to design, install and commission new production processes
- HNC/HND in Engineering is essential, however degree qualified in relevant Engineering discipline would be preferential
- High degree of competence in complex, precision manufacturing processes, systems and inspection processes
- NC programming (5 axis milling and turning)
- Manufacturing Engineering
- CAM systems
- Data driven manufacture
- Driving pFMEA and Control Plan controlled manufacture
- Tool and fixture design
- Component and process proving (FAIR and PPAP)
Knowledge & Skills
- CAM tools and systems, machining processes, fixture & tool design
- Lean principles
- Right First Time and data driven process capability development
- Generating technical instructions and routings
- Proficient in the use of the relevant IT tools
In return you'll receive a salary of up to £41,000, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, and a fantastic pension with up to 12% provided by the client, a long with Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programmes, Free Eye Tests and even a subsidised canteen.
So if you're looking for a company who are building from a solid foundation in an industry gearing up to forever grow, get in touch today with Mark Dorey on email@example.com, or 0161 416 6296