As the number one manufacturer of hydraulic truck tipping hoists and waste management equipment in the world.
With over 90 years of experience, the company has developed a range of products that offer high levels of safety and efficiency to customers worldwide. Latest tipping cylinders provide reduced weight and faster operation than other systems available, improving profits through greater load carrying capacity and increased number of deliveries.
All aspects of Welding and fabrication processes in a Production Engineering environment. Consistently produce welds to the required acceptance standard that includes MPI, X-Ray and U/T examination.
What will you do?
- Assemble, align, and clamp work pieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Set dials and timing controls to regulate electrical current, gas flow pressure, heating or cooling cycles, or shut-off.
- Select torch tips, alloys, flux, coil, tubing, or wire, according to metal types or thicknesses, data charts, or records.
- Record operational information on specified production reports.
- Load or feed work pieces into welding machines to join or bond components.
- Turn and press knobs and buttons or enter operating instructions into computers to adjust and start welding machines.
- Use of Files, emery cloths and able to dress grinding wheels.
- Start, monitor, and adjust semi-automatic welding production lines.
- Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, maintain, and adjust equipment to maintain efficient operation, using air hoses, cleaning fluids, and hand tools.
- Prepare metal surfaces or work pieces, using hand-operated equipment, such as grinders, cutters, or drills.
- Select, position, align, and bolt jigs, holding fixtures, guides, or stops onto machines, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Mark weld points and positions of components on work pieces, using rules, squares, templates, or scribes.
- Give directions to other workers regarding machine set-up and use.
- Experience required in MIG/Manual Metal Arc Welding using materials which include low carbon steel and stainless steel is advantageous.
What will you need?
- Understanding of 5S/Lean manufacturing preferable
- Adherence to SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Time Served preferable
- Working 2/3 shift pattern
- Care and pride given to role and duties at all times
If you feel you have the right experience and skills to do the job then please apply or contact Gary Gittings on 01618 395 353 to discuss further.