- Are you an experienced Quality Inspector looking to join a small team in support of the wider Manufacturing group?
- Are you a hardworking, reliable, and self starting team player who has experience of working in a precision manufacturing company?
- You will be comfortable working under pressure and be capable of flexing priorities to match the needs of the day.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Join the 2pm to 10pm shift after an initial training period on day shift
- Sample approval of new components including identification of appropriate gauging methods for dimensional and geometric tolerances
- Undertake daily inspection tasks in the factory, identify and report non-conformance issues and assist in problem resolution
- Control and investigation of non-conforming materials.
- To maintain a visible presence in the factory and uphold quality standards at all times
- To join a small QC team and support each other by flexing tasks, shifts and working hours to meet departmental commitments
- Be able to communicate findings effectively and clearly to the key stakeholders within the Manufacturing team.
- Document inspection findings accurately and complete inspection reports as required.
- Time served with min 5 years working within a precision manufacturing environment alongside CNC machinists.
- Experienced in the use of conventional measuring equipment and able to decide which measurement method is appropriate to match the tolerance requirements
- Experienced in the use of CMM, Faro gauge equipment
- Able to assist Production Engineers in sample approval and capability studies for new process introduction.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings including geometric tolerances to BS8888.
Preferred Experience - but not essential
- Experience within OEM Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing.
- Experience in tubular products and thread measurement in particular.
- Experience of raw and machined forgings and castings
- Experience in use of FARO arm measurement.
- Capable of CMM programming using Virtual DMIS and/or Aberlink