Excellent opportunity is available for an experienced CMM Programmer / Metrologist to work for a prestigious Aerospace manufacturer in Lancashire.
The ideal candidate will report into the Head of Quality, the role of CMM Programmer / Metrologist is primary concerned with:
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and clearly understand the use and application of toerance conventions
- Ability to use CAD models to produce CMM programms to drawings and engineering lay-ours
- Work closely with the Engineering Department to determine CMM requirements
- Revision of component programs based on engineering changes
- Accuracy in compiling and storing all component documenttation
- Ensure that all CMM programs conform to customers drawings, geometric dimensioning, tolerances and specification
- Provide CMM inspection technical support for Manufacturing and New Product Introduction processes
- Eliminate the use of uncontrolled and unproven programs
The ideal candidate will ideally be a qualified CMM Programmer/Metrologist with an Aerospace CNC Machining, precision component background.
Candidates should have experience and a sound knowledge off CMM Programming, the use of CAMEO programming software, and the ability to improve inspection processes through the use of the latest inspection techniques.
The candidate must have the ability to communicate at all levels within a business in order to determine CMM and Metrology requirements for customers and operations. The succesful candidate must also be able to work on their own initiative and preference will be given the candidates that have and can demonstrate that they have the attitude to get things done.
If you feel you have the right experience and background to succeed in this position then please call Gary Gittings on 0161 839 5353 or on the details below.