Water Treatment Technician - Field based.
Employment Solutions are currently working with one of the UK's leading providers of water treatment solutions. Working across multiple sectors, innovating in key areas such as sustainable development, resource and by-product recovery, and their differentiating water treatment processes enable them to offer solutions suited to every application.
This is a field-based role, and travel to client sites will be required across the South East of the UK depending on your work schedule. You will ideally be based around the M25 / M3 / M4 area.
What will I be doing?
As a Water Treatment Engineer you will be required to give customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to existing water treatment chemical customers.
Our clients water treatment chemicals services platform provides speciality and general water treatment chemical conditioning services and equipment primarily for industrial clients. The Water Treatment Chemical team has a great reputation in the business with excellent growth prospects, so this is an amazing opportunity to join this team to grow the business further and make a real difference.
The accounts to be serviced are customers with a mix of processes on site including Steam boilers, High Pressure boilers, Cooling Towers, Closed systems, Chlorine Dioxide and Domestic water.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Sample collection and analysis of Cooling and Boiler water, Closed systems and Chlorine Dioxide and the monitoring of Domestic water systems with the necessary water sampling in line with ACoP/ HSG activities.
- Implementing, managing and monitoring water treatment programmes for commercial and industrial water systems. Commission new dosing / control installations.
- Provide Legionella control recommendations to ensure customers remain compliant with the latest guidance from HSG 1-3 / ACoP L8.
- Maintaining customer records in site logbooks. Cooling Tower logbooks are especially important.
- Collation of site information and company documentation for conducting on site Customer reviews.
- The completion of risk assessments, work reports and all other documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide regular progress reports / updates to the line manager informing of individuals monthly activity / assistance required / issues which may impact the Company or Client.
- Look for opportunities and where appropriate to sell parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work, working with the appropriate sales team.
- Feedback to customers on future product development, features and functions and show how they will add value to their business.
Do I have what it takes?
The ideal candidate will either currently be working as a water treatment engineer / account manager and possess a demonstrable amount of experience in industrial cooling water, boiler water and other water process systems.
- To be considered you MUST have experience in industrial cooling water, boiler water and other water process systems.
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- A very good knowledge of guidance documents HSG274 parts 1-3, ACoP L8 and BS2486.
- Applicants do not need experience in all areas but must be comfortable with a test kit and analysis procedures. High pressure boiler experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills both to company colleagues and customers to allow good working relationships to develop and be maintained.
- The ability to identify customer needs and gain opportunities to sell parts and additional services within the contract.
- Ability to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Good organisational and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- To be self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks. This includes the ability to plan, prioritise, schedule and service the site visits for the month.
- Computer I.T competency including the use of Google software.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
What's in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within Veolia; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Fuel Card - optional
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
(*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)