Supply & Logistics Assistant, Permanent position, Salary dependent on experience
Working hours are Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm
Our client is a growing Medical Device company with a ground-breaking piece of kit that is helping diagnose patients rapidly at the point of care whilst they wait, and therefore saving lives!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
* Order stock from raw material suppliers and external manufacturing sites (CMO's) to fulfil customer orders based on identified demand requirements.
* Process order confirmations from suppliers and liaising with other departments where necessary to resolve queries and specifically chasing overdue items and communicating delivery dates.
* Coordinate all shipping of sales with their 3PL supplier and non-sales R&D items to worldwide destinations.
* Be knowledgeable on import/export shipping terminology and restrictions to coordinate rapid clearance
* Liaise and deal with all external couriers, forwarders, and agents in connection with R&D and Sales activities
* Manage stock inventories highlighting any discrepancies promptly.
* Assist with supplier management and liaison including expediting and de-expediting of specific orders
* Communicate issues where incoming stock arrives damaged and or incomplete following QMS.
* Communicate delays related to customs clearance and import duty and support rapid resolution
* Cover the reception and Office Co-Ordinator role when required.
* Other ad hoc duties, as necessary.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
* Previous experience in Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics functions.
* Knowledge of international shipping, customs, imports and exports, qualification in would be an advantage
* At least 1 year of extensive user experience with Net Suite, Oracle, SAP, or other ERP system.
* Great interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both externally with suppliers & internally with colleagues particularly in resolution of daily challenges applying clear logic.
* Team player but with own drive to excel and be fully engaged in their role
* Significant experience with Microsoft Office, ability to modify files by sorting data, adding formulas, and working with data filters in MS Excel and use of Teams and Outlook
* Solid organisational and communication skills with real attention to detail
* Experience of working in compliance within and ISO13485 or similar regulated environment would be an advantage
For further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your upto date CV to email@example.com