We are currently looking for a Steel Erection Manager for a role based on a site in Reading, Berkshire. Pay is in line with NAECI rates (bluebook)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established Manchester-based structural steel business on a contract basis. We specialise in management & erection of structural steelwork projects within the nuclear & petrochemical sectors for clients across the UK.
This position will require you to attend an interview at our offices in Manchester, and you may be required to travel to the office on occasion for meetings etc. So please only apply if you are willing and able to so.
If successful, you will oversee the steel erection teams on a day to day basis and liaise with the Senior Contract's Manager. Your other duties will include:
* Day to day site management, coordinating all site activities with company personnel and site client, with particular focus on health and safety, planning and programming.
* Day-to-day monitoring, recording the company's site activities including daily diaries, progress reports and daily reimbursable logs.
* Liaising with senior members of the project.
* Strong knowledge of steel construction methodology
* Planning and programming of day to day steel activities and associated packages
* Creation of risk assessments, method statements, and associated site documentation
* Experience in the erection of steel structures
* Experience in managing multiple teams on projects
* Experience in liaising with senior members of the project
* Experience in nuclear and petrochemical projects
We are looking to meet people with the following qualifications:
* CSCS in site supervision/management
* SMSTS or IOSH equivalent
* CPCS Appointed Person - lifting operations
* First aid is desirable
* Security Clearance is desirable
* Full Driving License
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please send an up to date CV in response to this ad, and a member of the team will be in touch soon.