|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: Up to £60000.00 per annum|
|Sector: IT||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: John Stead|
Software Solution Architect - West Yorkshire based - Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
The role will involve working within the systems engineering team, defining and overseeing the development of mixed language applications running on X86 and Linux based hardware as well as embedded systems developed on ARM and other MCU architectures, utilising real time environments as well as bare metal code development. In addition to project delivery activity, the role will involve contributing to bids and proposals at a technical level. A proven experience in design and development of software applications and IT hardware architecture design is essential.
As a member of the Systems Engineering discipline, you will be required to:
- Liaise with customers and the business representatives to understand the scope and requirements
- Liaise with other professionals to design an architectural solution to meet the requirements
- Ensure that solution architecture (software and hardware) design aligns to the requirements
- Ensure the solution and its architecture meets all safety requirements
- Ensure the project team compliance to the solutions' architectural design in the design and implementation of projects
- Oversee and support hardware and software architectural knowledge dissemination to the project team
- Explain technical issues and solution strategies to the project stakeholders
- Define the solution hardware, interfaces, software design and associated quantities to meet the functional design
- Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time, by guiding the activities of the project teams to ensure timely completion of projects
- Identify and mitigate business and project risks associated with the solutions' architecture.
The successful candidate will be an innovative individual with excellent technical experience and motivation. Most important is an enthusiasm for new technologies, an ability to learn quickly and a desire to contribute in a fast moving, innovative team environment.
Candidates wishing to apply should have the following qualities:
- Professionalism and Leadership
- Be a senior member of their discipline.
- Capable of providing an exemplar attitude to both professional and personal attributes
- Capable of establishing and leading a multi-disciplinary engineering workstream.
- Capable of facilitating independent and a team-oriented, collaborative working environments.
- Independently capable of building, developing and growing personal and team relationships vital to the successful delivery of engineering.
- Highly computer literate excelling in the use of relevant IT and software development platforms required to be utilised within your discipline.
- 10+ years relevant commercial / bespoke software and hardware architect development
- Proven experience in design and development of systems or applications
- iOS / Android / Linux Application Design & Development
- Embedded systems design & development
- Extensive cross-discipline experience in collaborative working
- Agile / Waterfall Development and implementation
- Management of an indirect team up to 10 members in size
- Working towards a professional affiliation to an accredited organisation
- Experience of Managing 3rd party software contractors
- Knowledge of Safety Critical Software Lifecycles to IEC61508 SIL4
- Exposure to embedded programming and C or C++
- A Master's degree in Software Engineering
- Professional affiliation to an accredited organisation
- Budget management experience
- Development of policy, process and procedural documentation
In terms of benefits, there are loads! Flexible working, flexible healthcare plan, pension, life insurance, gym membership contributions, company funded socials, 33 days holiday, and loads more!
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV - Thanks.