|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: £32000.00 - £37000.00 per annum + Excellent Package|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: John Stead|
Software Controls Engineer - Staffordshire - Excellent Salary & Benefits on offer
Over the past 30 years, my client has grown to become one of the UK's largest independent system integration organisations handling various contracts ranging in value.
From their inception they have been determined to provide the reference standard in quality, accuracy, safety and durability for products and services in the industrial, ultra-high purity and natural gas industries.
My Staffordshire based client is currently recruiting for a Software Controls Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis. Although this role is based predominantly within our Staffordshire office, you may be required to travel to client premises to undertake software modifications or meetings.
In this role you will be responsible for the design, documentation, development, testing and commissioning of PLC based control systems. This will cover the complete system development lifecycle from initial design through to customer site acceptance.
You'll also look after the Investigation and rectification of defects at customer's sites, provide support and assistance to other engineering disciplines within the design team, and attending design working Groups.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum of a HNC in a software related engineering discipline or equivalent experience working with software controlled systems.
- Knowledge of IE61131-3 programming languages.
- Experience of the complete software/systems design lifecycle.
- Experience of PLC programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of network / serial communications protocols and hardware.
- Knowledge of Control & Instrumentation Engineering.
- Knowledge of process control principles.
- Knowledge of National Grid design standards.
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols and hardware.
- The ability to work as part of an established team.
- The ability to prioritise own workload and work un-supervised when required to meet project deadlines.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- A flexible approach to their working practices.
In return for these skills you will receive an excellent salary and benefits package.
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to email@example.com - Thanks.