|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: IT||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: John Stead|
Software Applications Engineer - Leeds - Permanent - Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
The Software Application Engineer holds a key role in the company, reporting to the Head of software.
Due to the nature of the role, the Software Application Engineer will need to have a strong background in Microsoft / Linux development using a variety of languages including C++, C#, Python on GStreamer platforms. Knowledge of developing Artificial Intelligence / deep learning solutions would also be a distinct advantage.
You will support the development of the company's products including niche telecommunications and electro-optics, which are used in a range of environments. You will be expected to work with engineering and sales functions to support my client's specialist products being used across its worldwide customer base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Full stack software development (primarily using C#, ASP.Net, WPF, SQL Server).
- Involvement in all aspects of the software lifecycle from software design and implementation, to test verification, deployment and support.
- Ensuring version control of software developed whilst initiating the software lifecycle.
- Following the process of peer reviews, unit testing and automated testing.
- Supporting system integration and Evaluation team
- Working with a team of dedicated software developers.
- Contributing to team sprints (planning, estimation, retrospectives, etc.) and working with project managers to ensure the delivery of features/changes/products.
- Participating in other business processes (e.g. specification reviews, project milestones, lesson learnt, etc.).
In terms of benefits, there are loads! Flexible working, flexible healthcare plan, pension, life insurance, gym membership contributions, company funded socials, 33 days holiday, and loads more!
If this role sounds like it would suit you and you would like to learn more, click apply now. Alternately, send a copy of your CV to email@example.com - Thanks.