Service Desk Technical Lead - Southampton - Excellent salary & benefits package on offer
My Southampton based client are currently looking for a Service Desk Technical Lead to join their business and be a key figure in the leadership of their service desk team.
This is a Senior Technical role within the Service Teams and you will be expected to provide the following:
- Providing expert knowledge to our sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
- Providing post install and snagging support.
- High level Technical Support to the Service Department.
- Providing basic training documentation on new products
- Providing Training and Support to all Service Teams.
- Providing documentation and processes to improve how the Service Desk support our products.
- Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7 day week, to ensure we have support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
- Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
- Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level
- Windows 7/10 Support
- Any knowledge of embedded Windows 7 or IOT Windows 10 would be beneficial
- Windows Active Directory/domain experience
- Experience installing Windows updates (Windows 7/10)
- Experience setting up and or using Centralised Antivirus Software.
- Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
- A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Knowledge of basic SQL scripting would be beneficial
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI: DSS, ITIL)
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to email@example.com - Thanks.