Are you a Purchasing Manager looking for a new and exciting role with the opportunity with the potential to grow your career?
Employment Solutions are searching for a Purchasing Manager who will be responsible for a specific key project within our client. The successful person will be managing the transfer of an existing supply chain based in Germany to a UK based supply chain.
This role has real potential for growth and there will be an opportunity for the job holder to grow a small team of Buyers in the future.
- Developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- Building and managing an effective Procurement team
- Identifying suitable suppliers
- Preparing RFQ's (Request for Quotation)
- Quotation analysis
- Supplier capability reviews
- Supplier commercial/quality visits both in the UK and abroad
- Ideally educated to Bachelor level in Engineering, Business Admin, Commerce or other relevant disciplines
- Ideally CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Right to Work in the UK
- Willing to travel (Europe)
- Clean driving licence
- Supply Chain/Procurement experience gained in an Engineering environment (essential)
- Experience of purchasing for defence projects (ideal)
- Experience of Long-Term Supply Agreements (essential)
- Experience of using MRP systems (essential)
- SAP Experience (Ideal)
- Experience of understanding Bills of Materials structures (essential)
- Microsoft Excel intermediate level (essential)
- Experience of New Product Development (ideal)
- 4+ years' purchasing management experience