Project Planners - Plan your next year's work today!
We're currently working with a Defence Organisation in the Stockport region who have recently signed a contract worth over £2Bn over the next 10 years - which doesn't just help the business grow, it extends their product range pretty significantly!
Now is the perfect time for you to make your own plans rather than implement someone elses!
The position is paying a fantastic basic salary, a contributory pension, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and other company benefits.
In return you'll be able to;
- Interact and become a key member of the Programme Team providing a quality service supporting the effective delivery of the programme.
- To interact and support the effective information sharing / collection with all the project partners in an appropriate manner.
- Prepare a project work breakdown structure and plan / schedule which is capable of delivering the project objectives and key milestones, providing effective project performance measurement and reporting.
- To develop the appropriate quality plan / schedule in line with the project scheduling principles and processes.
- Keep the plan up to date
- Monitor and progress the plan / schedule and make changes as required. Develop recovery schedules and contingency plans in order to meet changed objectives as necessary.
- Input the planning issues into the project's critical issues risk log
- Review planning risks and monitor critical timelines and ensure the risk register is updated accordingly.
- Report actual performance and variance against plan and forecast outcomes. Highlight key achievements and critical path issues to members of the team, provide an assessment of the impact of such issues and recommend solutions for an accurate position.
- Monitor and audit contractor plans. Monitor contractor's planning processes so that they align with WFEL's procedural requirements.
- Identify key resource requirements and monitor that these are accurately booked and availability is maintained.
- Lead project planning meetings
- Attend weekly 1-2-1 meetings with the Programme Manager
If you are someone who has a track record planning large projects from scratch, ideally with a Prince2 qualification, and have shown an impetus for self-improvement, then this is the position for you!
Don't miss out on this fantastic chance to join one of the North West's largest manufacturing businesses by contacting us on Mark.Dorey@emp-sol.com.