We currently have a client based in Lancashire who are looking for a Project Engineer to join their team. Our client provides complete turn-key solutions specialising in Innovative Pressure Testing Equipment for the Oil and Gas, Subsea, Material Science, Universities, Nuclear, Chemical and Petrochemical industries.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and accountable Project Engineer to be responsible for all engineering, technical and quality associated disciplines relating to new and existing projects.
- To be responsible for the planning, scheduling, forecasting, resource allocation, cost control and to manage all QA activities to assure project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- The be the key link between sales, engineering, production and customer support; you will be required to provide regular updates to customers.
- As Project Engineer you will be expected to develop and maintain the business Quality Management System (QMS)
- Providing organisational and administrative support in the specification of new and existing pressure related products where typical design requirements include:
- Pressure bearing components
- Load bearing components
- High pressure seal arrangements
- Integration with proprietary components
- Hydraulic actuation
- Lifting & Handling points
- Tooling & Fixtures
- Project planning & scheduling to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Produce and manage project relating Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Creation and maintenance of product/procurement specifications to control engineering inputs/outputs such as materials, surface finishes, coatings, treatments and other processes.
- Work closely with purchasing department & external sub-contractors to ensure components are purchased and delivered on time at reasonable cost and within specification.
- Produce and maintain all project documentation including specifications, inspection test plans, technical folders and other QA documentation relating to product
- Monitor project compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Carry out value added value engineering (VAVE) to engineer cost out of the products
- Attend regular production meetings, providing up to date and accurate information,
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Full Project Management capabilities
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations - 2D & 3D CAD
- Knowledge of pressure related products
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards: (PED, PD5500, EN13445, ASME 8, EN10204)
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; machining, welding, surface treatments etc
- Knowledge of high spec. materials, coatings and finishes including stainless and carbon steels, structural steels, elastomers and performance plastics
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Usage of Document Management Systems (EPDM)
- Usage of ERP/MRP/Accounting packages
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook etc
Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer (project managing) - 5 years
- BEng or BSc (Hons) in mechanical engineering or equivalent (2.1 minimum)
- Industry experience; ideally in pressure vessel design, high pressure systems, electro-mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics or associated supply