Job Title - Process Engineer, Breweries
- Responsible for all process technology related aspects during all project stages (quotation, order processing, commissioning and after sales) in cooperation with the local Sales and Procurement Department as well as the central team Business Line Breweries.
- Clarification of technical data and definition of performance parameters for defined products (according to Governance Rules Business Line Breweries / Business Plan) within offer preparation and order processing.
- Issuing invites for tenders and collecting offers for third-party equipment and technical cross checking of the documentation for third party equipment.
- Technical contact for internal interfaces within the subsidiary, sub-suppliers and customers regarding process technology.
- Commissioning of the machine/plant at the Customer's site for defined products (according to Governance Rules Business Line Breweries / Business Plan).
- Customer support regarding technological aspects of existing plants and machines (optimization actions, new recipes….)
- To supervise offload and ingress of equipment as required.
- To manage on site installation and/or commissioning, if required on smaller delegated projects.
- Preparation of Health & Safety and CDM requirements for installations.
- Attending various client sites as required for Pre-Delivery Inspections / Training, including Q-gate 6 sign off process.
- Regular meetings with the Customer, and management teams on all project related activity.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Experience within the beverage, food, or associated industries preferable.
- Previous roles involving the medium to high-speed packaging machinery capital sales mark.
- Engineering/Technical Degree Qualified, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management experience in a high-pressure environment advantageous.
- Commercially astute with excellent budget control skills.
- An understanding of contractual forms and requirements (MF1 model form an advantage)
- Able to present the company and its products at Senior Customer levels.
- Good level of computer literacy, having used MS office, but also with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Use of SAP ERP and CRM systems.
- The ability to work independently and take on full project responsibility, whilst also performing within a closely-knit team.
This is an office based role with frequent travel required to client sites.