Shop Floor Supervisor, Permanent position, £30,000 + Bonus and Benefits,
Working hours are Mon-Thurs 7am-3:30pm, Fri 7am-11:30am
This is an excellent opportunity to join this Company and actually make your stamp in the position, you'll be assisting to build and develop a brand new section, they're looking for someone who can do ownership and have a growth mindset.
It is essential that you have experience and knowledge of Power Presses and CNC Laser cutting machines.
- Manage all employees reporting to the position. Effectively recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and communicate with employees, in line with Company policies and legal requirements
- To maintain/update and manage the T&A for your direct report's personal records, including sickness, annual leave, overtime and any other absence.
- Plan and prioritise the daily/weekly/monthly workload in collaboration with the production planner / expeditor.
- Support the Production Manager by providing relevant production and departmental data.
- Ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner and to the required quality and efficiency levels.
- Set and manage TPM, H&S aspects of power presses and laser cutting machines.
- Report figures into management as required.
- Update Gemba production recording efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain a good level of personal presentation and house-keeping standards i.e., 5S.
- Observe the companies Fire, Health and Safety and any other applicable policies including near misses, including COSHH and PUWER regulations.
- Set, maintain, and ensure Health and Safety aspects on power presses, laser cutting and stud welding machines.
- Carry out duties within the scope of the role as requested by the Production Manager.
- Continuously improve, understand, maintain, and communicate your work centres performance through KPIs, the deployment of LEAN manufacturing practises, and 3i suggestions. Display timely results and relevant information including team meetings/huddles.
- Maintain training and competency matrix.
- Conducting Growth Talks with your team members frequently, and regularly.
- Communication with all areas of the supply chain and Quality department.
- Basic Maths, English and IT.
- BTEC / ONC or higher in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- H&S IOSH certificate (desirable).
- Have a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Be A team player with confidence to work under their own initiative.
- Ability to plan/prioritise work for a quick-moving manufacturing department.
- Have experience of Power press setting.
- Working safely with power presses and machinery.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to explain procedures and give direction to your reports
- Have good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other similar programs (desirable).
- CNC Laser cutting experience
- Experience in people management
- First Aid / fire warden trained (desirable).
- Responsibility for your team and the Work Centre.
- 3 x Power presses, 1 x CNC Laser cutting machine, Stud welding section, tool and machine TPM's.
- Ensure the press section adhere to H&S regulations including COSHH, PUWER & LOLER.
- Ensuring all reports are allocated and use the PPE supplied by the Company, and all equipment is maintained.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Environment, Quality Management and Human Resources.
- Manage all employees reporting to the position. Effectively recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and communicate with employees, in line with Company policies and legal requirements.
- Embrace and Engage with the Growth Mindset ethos of working in a Siemens Company. We want everybody to be the best that they can possibly be and to develop themselves, their teams, and their colleagues all day, every day.
- The above list is not exhaustive and is subject to review. The post holder may be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and level of the role, providing that it is safe for them to do so.
Basic salary is £30,000 + Bonus and endless benefits
If you would like further information, please contact Samantha on 0161 839 5353, or email your upto date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org