PHP Developer - Burnley based with flexible work location and hours - Excellent salary and benefits package.
My client need more development power! Due to company and client growth, they're looking for a well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious PHP developer that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to their development team. Intrigued?
They're looking for someone who will be a key member of their team, who can contribute to and influence changes to their workflows and their development practices. They develop all of their own applications in-house so you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and learn from their growing development team.
If you share their enthusiasm for development this role is for you! They're a growing company with big ambitions, so if you want to shape your career with our talented team, keep reading!
This isn't an entry-level role, experience is required for this one.
Your main responsibilities will be;
- Developing and maintaining new and existing web based client projects, including websites and bespoke web applications (bespoke applications usually replace a clients business process so commercial awareness is beneficial).
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable code.
- Communicate effectively with clients and be able to articulate understandable responses to non-technical members of the business.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within your team.
- You will be involved in the full agile software development lifecycle going from planning through to implementation.
Technical Skills & Experience
- You'll be able to show us a portfolio with working examples of your code, we'll want you to talk through your projects, the challenges, solutions and technical goals
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Ability to write clean, well-designed, scalable object-oriented code
- Ability to manage client expectations and deliverables
- Ability to work to sprints agreed with production team/Technical Director
- Understanding of relational database technologies such as MySql, Sql, Sqlite
- Experience writing unit and UI tests
- Experience of version control tools: Git, Github, Bitbucket etc. with familiarity with Gitflow.
- Experience and understanding of Laravel or other MVC based PHP frameworks
- Experience with CSS preprocessors e.g. Less, Sass and PostCSS
- Experience with project management tools: Jira, Notion etc.
- Experience with package managers e.g. npm, Yarn, Composer
- Experience with task runners and module bundlers (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Experience with RESTful APIs, and dare we say it SOAP
- Familiar with DevOps workflows
COMPETITIVE SALARY - WITH YEARLY REVIEW
FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
28 DAYS HOLIDAY (INC. BANK HOLIDAYS)
ADDITIONAL BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY
FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF WORKING FROM HOME
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT BUDGET
REGULAR MEETINGS ABOUT COMPANY CULTURE
With my client their team and our culture is one of our our highest priorities, you will have the flexibility and support from the company to learn and develop your skills in the areas that interest you.
If you like the look of this role and would like to discuss it in more detail click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.