Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Upto £34,000 dependent on experience, Permanent Position
Hours of work - 40 per week (worked between 6am and 7pm)
Days - Monday to Friday (occasional weekends during busy periods, e.g. Christmas or planned PPM)
Our Client is wanting to become the world's leading brand in what they specialise in. Anyone looking to join their organisation should be motivated, ambitious and driven by achieving the highest standards.
The Company have experienced exceptional growth over the past few years and are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their growing and expanding business.
- Have the ability & experience of fully servicing manufacturing plant machinery & equipment.
- Maintain the physical plant, all electrical and mechanical equipment both in the production environment and general site maintenance.
- Monitor the use, and inventories, of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment reordering when necessary.
- Create and work to agreed engineering KPIs as part of the company's goal of continuous improvement.
- Deliver the 3 S's daily (Support, Service, Speed).
- Prioritise the maintenance of the operational areas and be prepared to be flexible and available in order that company standards are continuously achieved.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are recorded on the company's computerised system in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times.
- Coordinate and manage third party contractors on site in accordance with H&S and BRC regulations.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Proven multi-skilled engineering/maintenance experience within the food or other FMCG industry.
- Time served apprenticeship in either Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance/Engineering.
- Mechanical skills - hydraulics, pneumatics, belts, bearings and chains.
- Electrical skills - 3 phase motors, relays and contactors,motor drives.
- Good knowledge of food industry machinery i.e. production/packing lines, thermo-formers, MAP packing machinery, portion controlled fillers, steamers, clippers, slicing machines.
- Experience using web-based maintenance programmes.
- Excellent technical understanding, machine knowledge, expertise and machine identification.
- Electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Health and Safety conscious with demonstrable history of training.
- The ability to analyse and resolve maintenance issues under pressure - both alone and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of utility usage in a production environment.
- Ability to produce & deliver technical reports.
- Driving license.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer/IT skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Effective relationship builder
- Good decision making skills
If you would like further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your CV to email@example.com