Mechanically Biased Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
Employment Solutions are currently working with a client that operates from a state of the art facility that has recently undergone an extensive period of investment and modernization. They are a well-established and forward thinking oil and grease manufacturer and can offer a varied role where no two days are the same. You will get involved with the planned maintenance and reactive repair of Homoginisers, High Pressure Pumps, Valves, Coolers, Boilers & High Speed Packaging / Process lines.
Due to the existing engineer retiring, they will soon require an enthusiastic and experienced mechanically biased maintenance engineer to join the team and take over the long term planned and reactive maintenance, as well as get involved with the continuous improvement plans and future projects.
There will be a six month handover period where you will be brought up to speed with the plants existing maintenance routines and continuous improvement projects.
This role is suited to a qualified engineer looking for a stable employer offering standard hours with good benefits. You will ideally be time served and have mechanical qualifications of C&G 1/2/3 or a HNC - as well as an ONC / Basic qualifications on the electrical side.
You will be from within the food or chemical industry, with experience of Homoginisers, High Pressure Pumps, Valves, Coolers, Boilers & High Speed Packaging / Process lines. You will be someone who wants to develop their career.
As well as being a time served mechanical engineer, you will also have a basic electrical appreciation of both three phase and single phase electrics, and the ability to isolate and change motors, sensors, contacts and overloads.
Hours / Salary & Benefits:
- £28,000 - depending on skillset, experience & qualifications
- Working Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 5pm and Friday 8:00 - 4pm with one hour lunch break. (No evening or weekends)
- Chance of overtime if on call / cover until 9pm (paid minimum 4 hours at time and a half)
- 28 days Holiday including 8 statutory + one day increase for each 5 years service
- Christmas Bonus
- 5% Pension Contribution (Increases year on year by 1% up to a maximum of 5%)
- Modern plant running at 98% output with minimal breakdowns - mostly planned maintenance.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE OR FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL Neil ON 0161 839 5353 OR EMAIL YOUR CV TO email@example.com