SKIES THE LIMIT FOR A TIME SERVED MANUAL TURNER
- Manual Turner - Egham
The role is for a Manual Turner to manufacture components for gearboxes for the oil & gas/aerospace industries. You will be working on a conventional Hardinge Lathe from engineering drawings to manufacture components from engineering drawings to be used internally for the manufacturing process.
- Working from drawings.
- Operating a Hardinge Manual Lathe.
- Manufacturing components used in gearboxes for the oil & gas/aerospace industries.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following attributes; You will have exposure in a similar position and must be able to work from engineering drawings to machine components using a manual lathe. You must also be able to use measuring tools in an engineering environment to inspect your own work to tight tolerances.
The company are part of a group and are based in Egham, Surrey. They are the UK's leading gearbox manufacturer for the aerospace and oil & gas industries. They offer a complete service from design through to manufacture.
- Time served Manual Turner
- Experience using Hardinge would be an advantage
- Following engineering drawings
- Using a Hardinge lathe to turn small components in small batch quantities to very tight tolerances.
- Using precision measurement instruments such as micrometers, gauges and vernier calipers
If you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role then contact Gary on 0161 839 5353 to discuss further.