SKIES THE LIMIT FOR A TIME SERVED MANUAL TURNER
- Manual Turner - Egham
The role is for a Manual Turner to manufacture components for gearboxes for the oil & gas/aerospace industries. You will be working on a conventional Hardinge Lathe from engineering drawings to manufacture components from engineering drawings to be used internally for the manufacturing process.
- Working from drawings.
- Operating a Hardinge Manual Lathe.
- Manufacturing components used in gearboxes for the oil & gas/aerospace industries.
The ideal candidate for the role will have the following attributes; You will have exposure in a similar position and must be able to work from engineering drawings to machine components using a manual lathe. You must also be able to use measuring tools in an engineering environment to inspect your own work to tight tolerances.
The company are part of a group and are based in Egham, Surrey. They are the UK's leading gearbox manufacturer for the aerospace and oil & gas industries. They offer a complete service from design through to manufacture.
- Time served Manual Turner
- Experience using Hardinge would be an advantage
- Following engineering drawings
- Using a Hardinge lathe to turn small components in small batch quantities to very tight tolerances.
- Using precision measurement instruments such as micrometers, gauges and vernier calipers
Pay Rate: £35,000 - £40,000
If you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role then contact Gary on 0161 839 5353 to discuss further.