Are your shift patterns awkward and confusing?
Are you looking to improve your work-life balance and get off those night and back shifts?
Does a fixed days role with no need to rack up a large amount of overtime sound better than your current deal?
We are currently working with a family-run FMCG business in the Preston area that is looking for a Mechanically biased Maintenance Technician to join on a permanent basis.
The right person for this role will have a strong engineering mindset. Where most engineers can fault find and establish which part needs replacing, you will be able to use the material available to you and your ingenuity to craft a solution yourself.
Your purpose will be to carry out all the planned and preventative maintenance, working in low and hi care environments on-site to reduce downtime. With 10% downtime, this will be a firefighting role, and you will need to be forward-thinking with your repairs to avoid the stress firefighting can cause.
Your responsibilities will include but aren't limited to;
- Efficiently manage and organise maintenance and engineering work; this will consist of basic welding and fabrication, pipe fitting, installations, small projects and general repairs. Basic electrical skills are also desirable.
- Ensure all work is completed in line with the guidance of HACCP, FSQM and GMP.
- To ensure all PPMs are completed each month.
- Keep all documentation up to date to ensure an audit trail is kept.
The ideal candidate must have;
- Completed a 4year mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent such as city and guilds 1,2, and 3 or ONC, HNC.
- Industry experience is also essential; the ideal candidate must have more than 2 years' experience within a Food or HighSpeed packing environment.
- Desirable skills such as Basic welding and fabrication skills or experience with boilers or steam will boost a candidate's application.
What's in it for you?
- £35,000 salary, increasing up to £36,000 after 12 months
- Great shifts, Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
- Free parking
- Pension Matched up to 4%
- Working under a fantastic engineering manager who has 20 years of knowledge, you can tap into whenever you like.
This is an immediate requirement; our client is looking to arrange interviews ASAP. To put yourself forward for this position, please send your most up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0161 839 5353.