|Location: Chester, Cheshire||Salary: £13500.00 - £16500 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gary Gittings|
Maintenance Mechanical Fitter
This is a great opportunity to join a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
They are also the UK's leading specialist in lead engineering, and in addition one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders' merchants nationwide.
What will this role of Maintenance Mechanical Fitter entail?
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter you'll be responsible for the maintenance of a broad range of diverse factory machinery, involving light to medium mechanical fitting work and basic electrical tasks. You'll also be responsible for the daily maintenance of factory, office and building facilities, and the sourcing, purchasing and replenishment of machine spares. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carrying out mechanical maintenance, including fitting guards, bearings, motors and gearboxes
- Marking out, drilling and tapping with general hand / power tools
- Troubleshooting and resolving reported problems
- Carrying out small fabrication and welding tasks
What will I need to be considered for this Maintenance Mechanical Fitter vacancy?
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Mechanical Fitter, gained within a manufacturing environment
- City & Guilds qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to work on and progress multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well as part of a team, take direction, and work on own initiative
- Flexible attitude
Although not essential, basic electrical knowledge or experience would be highly advantageous.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £13,500 to £16,500 dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: Employer contributory pension scheme and healthcare cash plan following
successful probation period, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Part time, working 3 days per week from 7am to 4.30pm.
If you are interested in this position then please apply or contact Gary on 0161 839 5353.