- To diagnose and repair faults on a complete range of equipment
- To ensure that whenever possible all work is completed at first response ensuring that every effort is made to prevent further breakdowns.
- Continually review multiple fault equipment and ensure that any machine that displays persistent breakdowns is given the highest priority regarding repair.
- To ensure that you always have available the technical manuals/documentation relevant to the equipment that you are servicing/maintaining.
- To hold and maintain the required level of specialist components, fixtures, fittings or spare parts
- To attend various training courses to assist you to maintain the highest standard of workmanship.
- Be willing and able to work on your own initiative.
- Ensure that all relevant company documentation is fully completed and returned to the appropriate Line Manager as required on time.
- Ensure that you comply with all Company and Statutory regulations regarding Health and Safety.
- Plan scheduled maintenance and create relevant procedures
Qualifications and training required:
- Experience of working as a maintenance engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of CNC machinery, Lathes, Milling/Turning
- Competent in electrical maintenance and PAT testing
- Higher national diploma (HND) or an advanced or higher apprenticeship in manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Team working skills