Job title: Junior Front-end Magento Developer
Reporting to: Head of eCommerce
Hours: Full time, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. 3 month initial contract
My client are a leading fashion brand based in the UK with over 40 years experience in the fashion industry.
Their ethos is that fashion should have no barriers, and that whatever your shape or size, you should be able to wear fun and fashionable clothes that reflect your individual sense of style.
They currently have a vacancy for a dedicated individual to join their growing team as a Junior Front-end Magento Developer.
Your focus will be predominantly on front-end development but a broader understanding and ability in website building, and the ability to work on minor Magento back-end development when required would be advantageous.
- Key responsibilities & duties
Duties will include:
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of our existing website.
- Undertake cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure functionality over all the environments
- Website design, editing of existing pages, new page design and creation.
- Work with our copywriter and photographer to ensure that site design and evolution fits our design guidelines.
- Be proactive, motivated to ensure the website is always moving forward. Thinking creatively, continually identifying opportunities to create an ever-better digital experience for our customers and sales prospects.
- Analysis of website performance based on UX/UI data and the production of proposals and recommendations to increase traffic and conversions.
- Implement the outcomes of analysis, e.g. SEO best practices.
- Following best practice coding standards they will implement technical changes to the sites using HTML, HTML5, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, SASS, js and ensuring the websites reflect the marketing activity for the brands.
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in Web team environment
- Relevant degree or comparable web development experience
Required, sound knowledge of the following:
- At least 1 year working with Community(Open Source) or Enterprise editions of Magento 2
- Experience of web development & design in an eCommerce environment
- Experience of Linux hosting environments
- Some knowledge of LEMP / LAMP (Linux Nginx MySQL PHP)
- Understanding of W3C Web standards, GDPR and Compliancy
- Experience of frontend frameworks including Bootstrap, Foundation using SASS / LESS
- Analytic skills and the ability to act on SEO recommendations
- Working knowledge of web administration and digital marketing
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.