Senior Electrical Wire person, Permanent position, £30,000 basic(will rise after probationary period), + lots of benefits
Working hours - 36.5, 8am - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 8am - 12:30pm
This is a fantastic opportunity to take that next step forward for your career, also you'll be working for a company who are partnered with a well known global organisation who specialise in Technology.
Key tasks of the role are
- Lead & supervise a team of skilled electrical wire people
- Ensure that the team have an environment that is conducive to productive work.
- Maintaining Team Targets
- Evaluation of Personnel
- Continuous improvement of process
- Ensuring delivery schedules are met
- Drive the team to ensure tasks are completed within the allocated budgets
- Manage team and processes
- Follow operational and Technical Targets
- Maintain/improve Team Performance
- Motivation & Engagement of Team
- Ensure adherence to Production Standards & Processes
- Supervise production activities to established Quality & EHS requirements
- Act as Senior Operator in the group and lead operators Technically
- Contribute to production planning process and determine priorities based on Production schedules
- Assign daily work and tasks to team members based on relevant skill levels.
- Perform trouble shooting activities in case of technical/procedural problems
- Assist in selection, induction and training of new Personnel
- Develop a multi-disciplined team to provide maximum departmental flexibility
- Assist in setting of KPI's and Operator Targets
- Manage all absences
- Manage disciplinary process
- Advise production engineering/estimating if any part of a build contravenes safety.
- Arrange overtime (after prior authorisation) when business needs demand extra work is required to attain delivery requirements and ensure sufficient supervision is available.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and interpret electrical engineering drawings, parts lists, and associated documentation.
- Demonstrable ability to meet demanding deadlines
- High level of PC literacy - ideally MS Excel and WORD preferred.
- Able to maintain a high level of housekeeping standards within their working environment
- Able to act as a coach/mentor and to instruct others with regards to the CS department's processes and procedures
- Able to respond positively to rapidly changing priorities
- Maintain departmental training matrixes
- Can do attitude with a willingness to do what is necessary to achieve goals.
- Full understanding of single & three phase circuit protection installations.
- Knowledge and experience of assembly and wiring of complex Control Panels and Distribution Boards
- Experience of working in a demanding electrical engineering shop floor environment.
- Knowledge of IEC Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- Experience of working with SAP
- Experience of working with GEMBA
- A good understanding and experience of the implementation of LEAN principles and tools
If you would like further information please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your upto date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org