Electrical Test Engineer, Permanent position, £25k-£28k Basic, dependent on experience + excellent benefits
Working hours are Mon-Thurs 7:30am-4pm, Fri 7:30am-11:30am
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a Company who are part of a well known Name, they specialise in electrical installation equipment, manufacturing, and supply.
The role of an Electrical Laboratory Test Engineer in the company is to carry out test programmes on both their current portfolio of products and to also carry out test work to prove new products prior to their release.
- To carry out test programmes and plans on our existing product range.
- To carry out test programmes on pre-determined product standards applicable to new product introductions.
- Assist in the maintenance of the laboratories Accreditation - ISO17025./UKAS/ASTA
- Calibrations of equipment used in testing.
- Report writing of test results.
- Analysis, testing and reporting of Customer product returns.
Key Results/ Objectives
- Production of test reports.
- Conduct failure analysis investigation into field failures.
- Carry out quality systems audits to ISO 17025.
- Carry out calibrations on test equipment.
- Assist in development by testing new products and materials.
- Carry out test programs in a safe manner.
- HNC / HND / DEGREE in Electrical Engineering.
- ISO 17025 / ISO 9000 Quality systems
- Wiring regulations.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a naturally enquiring mind.
- Ability and confidence to use items of test equipment.
- Laboratory process auditing experience.
- Use of hand tools used in electrical engineering and test.
- Knowledge and understanding of Low-voltage Electrical Switchgear and Circuit Protection products.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of 'Microsoft Office' applications
- Knowledge and experience in Low-voltage short-circuit testing.
- Solid electrical engineering background.
- Knowledge and understanding 17025 quality system
- Attention to detail.
- Good communicator. Written / Verbal
- Team worker.
- Able to work unsupervised.
If you would like further information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email upto date CV tto firstname.lastname@example.org