Electrical Maintenance Technician
This is a great opportunity to join a highly reptuable manufacturing company with headquaters based in Chester, with significant experience deliviering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range ofcustomers worldwide.
They are one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders merchants nationwide.
What will the role entail?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as an Electrical Maintenance Technician you'll be responsible for the maintenance and fault diagnostics of manufacturing equipment and associated plant to ensure the company's production effectiveness.
Duties will include:
- Working on planned improvements to plan, equipment and new projects
- Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment to a high standard
- Fault finding and efficient rectification of electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Responding to breakdowns
- Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment
- Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
- Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
- Completing light to medium mechanical fitting work as and when required
What will I need to be considered for this role?
- Proven experience within a similar Technician role
- Completed 17th Edition Training
- Ability to read electrical / engineering drawings
- Excellent fault finding skills for electrical / mechanical systems
- Good working knowledge of PLC's, relay logic and hard wired systems, HMI bus systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (AC/DC)
- Ability to maintain machinery, plant and equipment
- Ability to undertake electrical installations to latest regulations
- Understanding of control techniques PLC / Drives / Comms
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Confident and professional, with a 'can do' attitude and flexibility towards tasks
- Ability to communicate well with other team members
- City & Guilds/ONC in Electrical Engineering is essential. HND / HNC in Electrical Engineering would be advantageous, although not essential.