I am working with an Engineering Consultancy who are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer on a contract basis.
This role will be based in Wakefield but will offer hybrid working if requested.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on bespoke heavy engineering projects, with a close knit team.
The day-to-day role includes:
- Perform the role of Project Engineer on Electrical projects within the office.
- Take lead role on projects, including electrical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings and site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
- Report back to management on progress of current projects.
- Perform site visits and technical surveys of existing electrical installations and recommend potential solutions to improve systems or provide new solutions
- Produce conceptual and outline designs for electrical control systems
- Carry out design phase risk assessments
- Produce detailed control philosophies and functional design specifications
- Produce outline general arrangement drawings of MCCs and other control panels
- Define field instrumentation requirements and actuator/drive characteristics
- Produce block cable diagrams and P&IDs
- Deliver technical presentations, reports, performance specifications, purchasing specifications, etc.
- Review and comment on detailed design submissions by others
- Assist with in-house finance and reporting functions, including fee collection, fee proposals, time reporting, etc.
The ideal candidate will ideally have the following experience
- Electrical Engineer ideally with a bespoke projects background
- Experience with electrical control systems installations
- HND / degree qualified and may have chartership / working towards chartership status.
The role will offer a rate of £40-£45/hr ltd outside IR35 for a length of approx 6 months and a flexible working pattern.
To apply for the role please send your most up to date to Mark Dorey today on Mark.Dorey@emp-sol.com or 0161 416 6296.